Webmail Spam Filter Update
- Click here to see instructions and specifics.
Our email upgrade caused some programs to have trouble connecting to the Internet.
This update took place on the morning of December 6, 2016. The original notification stated that did not need to update your e-mail configurations. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The upgrade does require you to make changes. Specifically:
- You’ll need to update your username entry in the email programs you use to use your full email address like: firstname.lastname@example.org, not just username.
- Some programs retain old server information even after changing your username. In these cases it is best to disable the account you're using and create a new account that mimics the proper settings. If you’re using POP3 you will need to save their messages and contacts before doing this because the messages are saved on the computer.
- Email is accessible via our webmail interface if you’d like to use that until the Tech Support Queue settles down. The address for that is https://webmail.netins.net
- If you have an Android device, you may not be able to change the username setting to include @netins.net. In those situations, you will need to delete the account and then re-add it to your phone.
- On Apple iOS devices it's been discovered that many devices are using MD5 authentication. This should be removed an it should be replaced by simple Password authentication. See below:
We apologize for any inconvenience this email upgrade may have caused for you. We are working with our vendor to identify steps that can be taken to help reduce issues during future upgrades. If you continue to experience issues or do not know your password, please give us a call or email email@example.com.